By using proprietary strategies unique to routes, Route Tycoon helps professionals learn how to:
Find and pick the right business to buy,
Evaluate it properly to avoid many pitfalls,
Acquire a profitable business.
What route would you like to evaluate?
FedEx Ground Routes
Enroll in the Fundamentals of Route Analysis course.
- A faster and more thorough alternative to a training call
- Determine if FedEx Ground routes are a good fit
- Assess if the route you’re looking at is worth deeply analyzing
- Understand high level risk and rewards specific to routes
- Everything covered on a typical call plus much more
- A way to learn right now as opposed to waiting to schedule a call
Enroll in the Advanced Route Evaluation Strategies w/ 1-on-1 training (A 30-60 minute call or completion of the Fundamentals course is a required prerequisite).
- Individuals looking to be personally coached on the many methods for performing route due diligence.
- A comprehensive solution for learning how to make an informed route acquisition to reduce risk.
- Deeper discussion of actual contractor responsibilities and FedEx corporate expectations for successful contractors.
- Advanced training on reading route documents from broker.
- Ongoing email correspondence and calls if needed.
- Deeply analyze one or more FedEx P&D (aka Ground / Home Delivery) route bundles.
Bread or Linehaul Routes
Schedule and Request a call below for evaluation of bread or linehaul routes
- Make sure routes are a good fit for your expectations of owner involvement, risks, as well as potential rewards
- Individuals trying to learn the basics to know if they should even explore routes further or not
- Best for a few quick uncommon questions
- Help determining if any type of FedEx route is a good fit
- Looking into either Line Haul or Bread routes exclusively
- A 30-60 minute call OR completion of the Fundamentals of Route Analysis is now required before the Advanced Evaluation Strategies and Consultation is permitted to better ensure people properly assess suitability
Fundamentals of Route Analysis Course
Learn the exact process used to find, evaluate, and purchase a profitable FedEx Ground route business.
WHY BUY FEDEX GROUND ROUTES AS A BUSINESS?
- Generate revenue your first week
- Avoid the risk of a start up or a new franchise without historical cashflow
- Purchase many routes with as little as 20% down
- Lifestyle business (work 10 hours a week)
- Higher success rates than many franchises
- No stress of sales or marketing
- Have territory that is legally protected
- Work with a billion dollar brand
- Be in an industry that is established but growing rapidly
- Verifiable financials, documentation directly from FedEx
- No accounts receivable headaches
- Many routes generate net incomes well over $100k
These are just some of the many claims that brokers want you to believe.
Good news: These actually can be true for good routes, and there’s systematic methods you can learn to identify those routes.
Bad news: Routes aren’t always a good fit for everyone, and there are many routes on the market that are have serious problems and should be avoided.
Worse news (for people buying routes with no training): It’s impossible to tell which route is legit or not without knowing a set of proprietary strategies used to evaluate routes specifically.
THIS TRAINING WILL TEACH YOU TO:
Determine if FedEx routes are the right fit for you
Find a specific route to focus on
Know if a specific listing is worth evaluating more deeply
Understand high level valuation and profitability statistics
This course is the ultimate guide created from actual contractor’s experience to show you step by step on the specifics of acquiring a route successfully and reducing the risk factors common with purchasing a business.
Analyzing documentation from FedEx lowers the chance of severe misrepresentation, but only when you know how FedEx works specifically. Without this knowledge, FedEx routes are VERY easily to manipulate and distort based when using typical due diligence methods. Many successful proprietary strategies are counter-intuitive but this training will get you informed quickly on how to go about this process like a pro.
Regardless of whether you purchase a route specifically or not, you win when you learn how to buy a good route business or even avoid them entirely.
AFTER COMPLETING THE FUNDAMENTALS COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
Learn whether routes are a good fit in general
Understand a typical ‘day in the life’ of many contractors
Know typical backgrounds and experience of highly successful owners (and it’s not logistics)
Understand the truth behind scaling this business
Determine what it actually takes to succeed long term
Find routes and evaluate listings on a high level and identify red flags
Learn to see certain elements that make an acquisition higher risk
Discover what terminal managers expect from contractors
Understand how much time it actually takes to run this business successfully
Understanding why some routes are “absentee owned” and others strangely aren’t
Access valuation metrics and frameworks to see whether a route is potentially overpriced
See why many banks consider routes to be high-risk
Understand why some routes fail but others succeed
Discover the good, bad, and ugly of routes that sellers hide
Know why are so many routes for sale in general
Get the list of specific documentation you should always ask for
Know what pieces of common due diligence documentation are useless and why
Discover the strange problem of working with an honest broker
Be aware of what things in a listing to look out for
Understand the mental framework required for successful fleet management
See why some routes have higher valuations and why they’re better than others (and it’s not just the profitability)
Learn the truth on why looking at margins and percentages of revenue is one of the worst ways to estimate profits
How successful contractors actually grow their operations
Avoid misleading strategies sellers use to “prove” upside potential
Learn why the net income of the route is just 1 of 3 ways contractors can profit
Understanding common negotiation strategies specific to routes
COMMON MYTHS SELLERS WANT YOU TO BELIEVE:
Myth 1: If you already know how to read P&Ls, balance sheets, tax returns, and/or even have bought businesses in the past, you don’t need to any help with evaluation. Business is business, and numbers don’t lie.
This course is geared specifically towards smart people that already have a solid business background. Unless you know how routes work on a very deep level, it’s impossible to evaluate a route using common evaluation documentation such as tax returns, 1099s, payroll, etc.
Managing routes successfully requires solid business skills and isn’t some magic effortless way for people with no skills to just “get rich” like sellers want you to think.
Business expertise is needed to operate a successful route business, but operational skills are almost useless for the evaluation of routes. This is because routes are contractual relationships, and not independent businesses.
Myth 2: Doing research online is all that’s needed to evaluate a route.
This training is helpful even if you’ve “done your research,” as all the ‘free’ content online is mostly from sellers, brokers, or people that have no real experience with routes. Some info is good, but due to the inherent bias of most of it, the chance that someone could distinguish which piece of information is incomplete, exaggerated, wrong, highly exceptional, or actually accurate, is impossible.
Myth 3: The operations of this business are simple, therefore the evaluation process is too.
The evaluation process for routes is far more complex than many simple businesses due to the contractual aspects of the business making it not line up with normal expectations.
Myth 4: I’ve worked in logistics in the past, so I’m already an expert.
Working in logistics doesn’t tell you why one contract would be better than the other, when a contract is potentially about to be terminated, or have massive upcoming changes that could radically affect the business and so on.
Back up a couple steps and take the Fundamentals course to make sure routes are even a good fit. If so, then progress into the Advanced Strategies for Route Analysis course.
The Fundamentals of Route Analysis, which will tell you whether a route is worth looking into at all on a high level, and also help you determine whether routes are a good fit, takes most people around 1-2 hours but has about 3+ hours of content. The Advanced Strategies for Route Analysis will take several hours and usually takes 1-2 weeks to learn, analyze, and get questions answered from the seller.
No. This training does not place you in a route, nor does it necessarily even encourage you to do so, as it teaches you ways to determine if routes are a good fit or not. It is knowledge compiled from over a decade of experience in routes that simply can not be obtained through any typical “buy a business” type literature.
Yes, you can schedule a paid training call on the Clarity consultant network. While I’m happy to hop on a call with you, if you’re looking at Ground routes, the course will likely be able to cover info both more quickly as well as be less costly. The Fundamentals of Route Analysis course answers about 99% of the questions people will have, but definitely schedule a call if you have a unique situation.
No. Here’s the full list of services I offer: 2 courses on FedEx Ground routes and personalized training calls. That’s it.
No. The reason there’s no guarantee is due to helping make sure the course gets in the right hands of someone. If someone is stressed about spending a small amount of money on a course, when it comes to spending $1,000,000 on a route, they’ll be paralyzed with fear. I want the course to give someone a true chance to succeed, not try to drain a poor person’s bank account.
You can’t pay me enough. Understanding the business yourself is required for success. Also a “good” route might be a disaster depending on several factors unique to your personal situation. While failure is always possible in any route, for the owners that can’t be bothered to learn about a million dollar investment, their failure in this business is nearly inevitable. My goal is to help people, not try to make every dollar possible – therefore “100% done for you” analysis is not offered at any price.
EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE COMPLETED THIS TRAINING:
- Mid and high level corporate employees
- Existing business owners looking to shift to routes
- C-Level executives from banks, publicly traded companies, etc.
- Political leaders
- Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors
- Private Equity Groups
- Hedge Funds
- Self employed professionals such as CPAs, Lawyers, and Doctors
WHAT’S UNIQUE ABOUT THIS TRAINING:
- It’s NOT made by a broker / seller that distorts the good, bad, and ugly of routes
- Doesn’t hide the methods to uncover when a route is high-risk
- Shows strategies to uncover good profitable routes
- Helps determine what’s true or not from sellers
- Doesn’t require intrusive or hard to obtain documentation from the seller
- Strategies used are ultra efficient and don’t waste time
WHAT THE COURSE IS NOT:
It is NOT a general business concepts / acquisition course, but will show very powerful frameworks for acquiring other businesses you may decide to purchase.
It is NOT going to guarantee precisely what a route is making, what you’ll make in the future, or magically eliminate all your risk.
It is NOT just focusing on the positives of routes. While routes have been a fantastic investments for a thousands of contractors, there are serious pros and cons that make them not a good fit for many people.
THIS COURSE WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE:
- Serious about buying a business
- Experienced in business and know generic evaluation methods
- Can take risks and know investments can fail
- Not looking for motivation fluff
- Not looking for someone to tell them whether or not to “do it.”
- Can make decisions themselves when given proper tools and strategies
- Business savvy in general, but needs to know the nuts and bolts of routes
STYLE OF THE COURSE:
- Content is based on questions from 1000+ training calls spanning 10 years
- Focuses on speed and results, not “50 hours” of fluffy filler content that wastes time
- No hype or typical seller’s bias claiming everyone will be “rich and happy” if they just buy a route
- Determine if routes in general are the right business or not to purchase
- Content highly focused on routes more than general business concepts
#1 – Start with the Fundamentals of Route Analysis course. This gives a high level method for assessing suitability, understanding expectations, risks, determining if a specific route is worth evaluating, and much more.
#2 – Progress to the Advanced FedEx Route Due Diligence Strategies training after completing the Fundamentals course. The Fundamentals course evaluates routes in general, but the Advanced course deals with how to analyze a specific route.
Bold Print Disclaimers:
I am not an attorney, CPA, financial advisor, or currently affiliated with FedEx corporate in any way.
I make no “recommendations,” and give no “approvals,” nor know your personal situation to advise whether routes are a good fit for you.
The information you obtain here should augment, not replace, your own decision making abilities. It is not intended to be personalized advice whatsoever.
Information is presented as truly and accurately as possible and based around actual experience in the route industry, but shouldn’t be misconstrued as infallible and/or somehow completely without error.
Most importantly, business ownership is risky even with the best due diligence process ever. People that can’t accept risk should NOT purchase this course.
ADVANCED ROUTE EVALUATION STRATEGIES COURSE WITH 1-ON-1 TRAINING:
(Available for purchase after the completion of the Fundamentals course or a Clarity call)
- Learn how to deeply analyze a specific FedEx Ground route deal
- Assess reasonable profitability estimates and establish a valuation
- Picks up where the Fundamentals of Route Evaluation leaves off
- Avoid common pitfalls with many route acquisitions and increase your odds of success
- Takes 1-2 weeks usually to complete deeper evaluation due to time it takes to review course material, schedule calls together, get docs from the seller, analyzing the sellers answers, etc.
- Direct emails, screen shares, and calls with me for up to 5 hours total
- Training time can be used at any point up to 6 months after purchase
- Access to the spreadsheets used for profitability modeling
- Deeper valuation analysis for a specific deal
- Analysis frameworks for all 8 components of route
- Crafted from the experience of evaluating routes for 10+ years
- Frequently updated with info based on contractors, managers, research agencies, new agencies, etc.
YOUR INSTRUCTOR – TONY DINITTO:
I am an ex-FedEx contractor that promised to myself that if FedEx routes ended up being a good investment for me, that I would help other people help learn about FedEx routes. This was over 10 years ago when I purchased routes, and there were very few brokers at that time, and almost no information online.
Most people are lulled into believing that simple operations equate to simple due diligence, and it’s not true.
After I was in the terminal, I was lucky to be taken under the wing of the largest contractor, whom I casually referred to as “The Route Tycoon.” Succeeding in routes shouldn’t be all about getting “lucky,” and with this training, you can avoid a lot of common mistakes new buyers make.
These days, there’s almost too much info online, and it’s highly biased, and/or from questionable sources. There’s also countless brokers, and even other ‘advisors’ that I’ve watched come and go throughout the years.
Most of the route consultants and advisors that are out there are on the seller side. While they provide a very valuable service, it becomes less valuable for buyers, as that’s not their primary client.
This training is geared to be on the buyer’s side.
Unlike some contractors, I have an deep understanding of both the high AND low-level aspects of this business. I have trained on route hyper-optimization techniques, driven trucks personally, flipped routes, managed routes, and coached contractors.
I started the simple idea of buyer side route training over 10 years ago. Many people have tried to copy this service but many have gone and/or converted to selling routes primarily.
I have a passion for training, and hope that shows through. I’m excited for you to learn about one of the best opportunities out there and honored to guide you through a process I’ve honed over 10 years that will undoubtedly help with your evaluation.